When did you build the image? The Ui is broken for several weeks I was told.
Edit your kickstart file, so it links no longer to the daily build but an
older build like 0706.
> I created the image myself from the kistart file from the daily build
meego-handset-armv7l-n900-1.0.80.11.20100720, and used the corresponding
vmlinuz file, and flashed the phone, and it booted (not using QEMU), but got
a bash command line only. No UX. I tried to type startx but nothing
happened.

> I thought that it would have more functionalities than the Day 1 1.0 UX.
>
> So does anyone know if it is possible to get a UI with any build newer
than the day 1 codedrop?

> Rami

Behalf Of Tobias Renz
> Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 10:45 AM
> To: Development for the MeeGo Project (discussion list)
> Subject: Re: [MeeGo-dev] Dose anyone run Meego of N900 image in QEMU
successfully?

> There is no ready made image including Handset Ux ( version 1.08). You are
using Version 1.0 the first release without Ux. You have to build the image
from the kickstart file for 1.08. But be cautious it uses the daily builds.
These are broken for several weeks. Regards Tobias
>> Hello,
>>
>> Meego can boot in qemu now, but there is only a bash shell. From the
console it ends with
>> Welcome to Moblin
>> [ OK ]
>>
>> MeeGo release 1.0 (MeeGo)
>> Kernel 2.6.28-2.1-n900 on an armv7l
>>
>> localhost.localdomain login: udevd-work[71]: error opening
ATTR{/sys/class/sound/controlC0/../uevent} for writing: No such file or
directory

>> Unknown HZ value! (93) Assume 100.
>>
>> The command line is "qemu-system-arm -M n900 -mtdblock
meego_qemu_nand.img -sd empty -sd
meego-codedrop-arm-n900-closed-201003311635.ubiimg -serial stdio".