On 13 August 2010 19:13, Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe something like this:
>

> http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/obs-project-config/blobs/master/MeeGo:1.0:Core

You show a prjconf for Meego. I already have this, and have loaded it
into my OBS server. According to the documentation on Meego wiki I
still need to use obs_mirror_project to mirror the Meego files.
(http://wiki.meego.com/Build_Infrastructure/Sysadmin_Distro/OBS1.8_setup_openSUSE112#Cloning_Repositories)

This process is not documented except to say that the file must be
edited and process requires a login on build.meego.com which I do not
possess.

> Or maybe asking nicely...

I think you'll find I did ask nicely. Why so defensive?

> Or maybe do it the hard way... like /they/ did.

So you admit it's not as easy as you and others have previously claimed?

> In addition the package repos are mirrored at mirror.kernel.org, including
> the daily builds (if that's any help).
>
>> bootstrap it, given that OBS relies on existing RPM packages that are
>> built for SSSE3?
>
> You either host it on a Core 2 server, or rebuild the packages.  Or is this
> a trick question?  :-)

I don't have a Core 2 server so I need to rebuild the packages -
otherwise known as bootstrapping. Which is why I asked how to
bootstrap. You are telling me that I must rebuild the packages by
rebuilding the packages. Can you see why I find this a little bit
annoying? If you don't want to help that is fine, but why do you
insist on derailing the topic with attackes any time anyone even
suggests it?

--
Alistair Buxton
a.j.bux...@gmail.com