On Aug 20, 2010, at 9:30 AM, Foster, Dawn M wrote:

> Someone recently pointed out the we have a mostly empty contribution
> guidelines page on the website: http://meego.com/about/contribution-guidelines
>
> I've also had several people recently tell me that they were confused about
> the process for contributing code to MeeGo and another person who has
> submitted several patches into bugzilla, but no one has responded to them.
>
> So, I thought it was time to put together better guidelines for how to
> contribute code to MeeGo, and I've added an escalation process that I will
> monitor for when patches slip through the cracks to make sure that someone
> responds when a community member takes the time to write a patch.
>
> The draft guidelines are here on this wiki page:
> http://wiki.meego.com/Contributing_code_to_MeeGo
>
> Please feel free to discuss any issues or ask questions here. If you have
> minor changes, you can make those changes directly to the wiki page.
>
> Since this is really just a written summary of what we seem to be doing now
> and not really a policy change, if I don't hear any big objections, I'll post
> this as an official policy on the MeeGo website on Monday.

I tried to incorporate a couple of changes that seemed to have some agreement
(CC'ing maintainers for example), so here is the now "official" policy for
contributing code to MeeGo. We'll still continue to make changes as we see what
does / does not work.

http://meego.com/about/contribution-guidelines

Regards,
Dawn