On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 11:48 -0700, Kevron Rees wrote:
> AFAIK, there is no supl support in gypsy at the moment.  The problem is,
> there seems to be no standard way to feed agps data back to the gps
> device.  Device mfg's use proprietary command sets to achieve this.
> Getting the agps data from supl is probably the easy part.  Finding a
> generic way to feed that data to the gps device is a bit harder.

Unfortunately, almost everything about AGPS is proprietary.  Although
there are a handful of standards such as SUPL, most of the interfaces
are proprietary (to the GPS, from the network operator, from the modem,
etc).  Although it would be possible to create an open source SUPL
client, doing so is no trivial task.  There are certification
requirements, not to mention that having a client is only half of the
solution.

Commercial stacks may appear that have AGPS support enabled for their
hardware.  This should made be available tying into a backend of the
Qt-Mobility Location API.  There is no MeeGo API for getting assistance
data to the application.  Application writers should expect to use the
Qt-Mobility Location API for getting position.

Cheers

Michael Leibowitz <michael.leibow...@intel.com>