On 16/09/10 11:26, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
But to be honest, I somewhat doubt that hardware vendors or the
operators will think more than a few seconds and just not enable it,
even if they were to take the OS nearly directly from meego.com

Precisely.

Whereas if apps linking to Surrounds were compliant then maybe they'd think a little harder.

Remember. They still have policy in their app store that can say "no apps with external dependencies".

But forward looking and experienced companies like Nokia can enable Surrounds and permit associated apps as they have done with Extras on the N900.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."