> > if you really think that Nokia will enable Extras on operator subsidized
> > phones... I think you underestimate how much operators will not like
> > that.
> >

> So why do we want to pander to that in meego.com? Isn't this about open
> source values, or did I misunderstand why helping the Maemo Community out
> with the OBS was such a huge issue?

Please don't mix the discussion about application compliance with the
discussion about enabling repositories. They are orthogonal.

The MeeGo project will offer to MeeGo vendors a flexible approach
starting with the Security Framework (allowing fully open and fully
closed options) and ending to the gateways to Extras, AppUp, Ovi and
whatever else comes. But it's up to the vendors to decide the openness
ans the allowed sources for each product. There is nothing really to be
discussed about this here at meego-dev.

Let's keep the discussion in the MeeGo Compliance until we are all in
the same page, please.

--
Quim