Ryan Abel wrote:
> Why do we go back a few steps and figure out what goals we want to
> achieve with this and then we can find the best way to go about it.

"Simply put, we want to make it possible for an application developer to write
a MeeGo compliant application once and run it on any MeeGo compliant device."
http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Compliance

The Qt / Qt Mobility / Web Runtime game combined with the different UXs is
already more complex than the setup offered by Android and iOS. We should find
there all what it takes to build a great commercial developer offering under
the "compliance flag".
http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2010-September/005772.html

MeeGo needs to offer a simple and crystal clear story for commercial
developers. No matter how many additional options are also available in this
Linux based open platform. the keys of app developer success must be contained
in the MeeGo Core, MeeGo UX, MeeGo API and MeeGo SDK, based on Qt / Qt Mobility
/ Web Runtime. If MeeGo doesn't have commercial success with these elements
then we can save the discussions about all the rest.

These limitations and rigidness needed to succed in the commercial side
shouldn't bother developers willing to play with the rest of combinations in a
context of free software innovation and pure fun.

--
Quim