Em Terça-feira 19 Outubro 2010, às 18:22:00, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> > > Note that I have no idea if this driver is possible on top of X.org
> > > 1.9. But before I ask anyone to commit resources to this backport,
> > > it's important to know if it can be accepted. That is, if it comes at
> > > the correct time, with the usual quality reviews. I just need to know
> > > that this option isn't outright rejected.
> >
> > Please ask.
>
> Ok, I will. As soon as I know, I'll post here too.

Update:

I'm putting together a task force to work on this, by asking several parties
involved with touch support in X to put developers work on this.

Nokia will be contributing between 2 to 4 engineers between direct X.org 1.10
work, feasability of backporting to X.org 1.9 and the Qt implementation of
XInput 2.1. Work will happen directly upstream, so if you want to be involved,
use the xorg-devel mailing list.

Next week I'll talk to some more and try to get this task force to grow.

In the meantime:

* MeeGo architects, please reconsider the X.org 1.9 vs 1.10 choice for MeeGo
1.2

* The solution I outlined in my previous email with mtev and the abuse of
XInput 2.0 remains my current recommendation for multi-point touch support in

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358