On 10/26/2010 12:18 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 23:52 +0200, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
This is why I was wondering why we're not using hardfp *now* for 1.1.0.

We shouldn't be breaking binary compatibility.

We shouldn't be softp either.
Just reminding the obvious, but as for today there is no major MeeGo
products in the market, no AppUp for MeeGo, no Ovi for MeeGo, no Extras
for MeeGo. Even the MeeGo SDK itself is in its first iterations.

which will change once we release 1.1.

I see Arjan's point made from an architecture consistency point of view
- but from a marketing point of view 1.2 and following releases will be
a lot more used and scrutinized than 1.1.x releases. If this soft-hard
break is unavoidable then it seems that now it will create a lot less
hassle than in 6 months or later.

based on the discussion here... the technology is at least several months away.

and breaking compatibility in an upgrade is even worse than breaking it in a new release...
.... really.