I don't want to be rude here, but I feel that I need to interject. (So
no rudeness or just shooting messengers intended)

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:31 PM,  <eric.le-r...@nokia.com> wrote:
> We are working on making these defects visible again as soon as possible.
> There's a chance that the number still grows in the coming days yet the
> situation should come back to normal quite soon.

No, just no. This is an open project. You cannot just say that you
will open them up (basically) when you feel like doing it and then
furthermore say that more bugs will happen like this - closed off from
the open.

You need to be presenting a darn good reason why bugs are not being
shown to everyone. This is not Nokia where things are closed first,
opened on a case-by-case basis. This is an open project, where things
should be open unless there are extreme circumstances and reasoning
that would allow that bug to be closed (eg. major security bug).

Even if there are closed off bugs, there should be a process in order
to be able to view these bugs. People are trying to do the best job
they can within the MeeGo project, without them getting access to
these bugs, they will get blamed for it being missed out on - but they
can't even view it! It is hindering their progress.

Now you mention that more unexplained closed off bugs will come. Unacceptable.

Seriously, sometimes I need to slap myself across the face a couple of
times to remember whether this is an open project or a marketing
scheme with Nokia and Intel puppeteers. But then I remember it is an
open project, with a lot of people acting in the manner they should
but it seems like not everyone has crossed the bridge yet to realizing
and remembering to participate in the open.

> BR,
> Eric

Cheers,
Bradley Smith