On Fr, 2010-11-05 at 05:57 +0000, Santosh Puranik wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> ext Patrick Ohly wrote, On Thursday 04 November 2010 06:41 PM, UTC +0530:
> > According to the patch, a new config option "omit-data-update-status" is
> > added to /etc/sync/meego-syncml-conf.xml which, if set, enables some new
> > additional logic.
> >
> > Question: is it necessary to use a meego-syncml-conf.xml which has
> > omit-data-update-status == 1 to avoid the problem? The default value is
> > still 0.
> >

> Yes, that's correct. The ovi.com server expects that the SyncML client
> omits the "Data Update Status to Server" package if there are no status
> to send (when the server has no changes to send to the client).
>
> This "omit-data-update-status" package controls this behavior of the
> Buteo SyncML stack. So, clients can enable this configuration in their
> stack configuration files if needed.

Who is the client- the MeeGo OS stack or a sync application like Buteo's
sync client plugin? From what you said it sounds like that this setting
must be made on a per-peer basis and might have to be different for
OVI.com, ScheduleWorld, Memotoo, Google, etc. Have you tested against
these peers or only against OVI.com?

Now that's just me trying to understand the effects ;-)

The much simpler question is: how should the OVI.com problem be fixed in
MeeGo? Modify /etc/sync/meego-syncml-conf.xml to have
omit-data-update-status == 1 and use that for all SyncML peers?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.