Okay,
I cloned the mainline repo, and when I said ./configure, I got this:

Basic XLib functionality test failed!
 You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing
 QMAKE_INCDIR_X11 and QMAKE_LIBDIR_X11 in
/home/csnellman/qtLibsForMeego/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++.

I tried to figure out what I need to install but I could not find a
package. I tried
sudo zypper install libx11-dev
but no package found. Also tried to find it using 'sudo zypper
packages' listing and 'sudo zypper search'
Does anyone know how I can find the package needed?

Thanks again,
Carl