On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 09:17 +0000, ext Mickey Kim wrote:

> I'm testing our XVideo implementation on MeeGo platform.
>
> When I run gst-launch with xvimagesink, I couldn't see video output display.
> (gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="file name" ! decodebin ! xvimagesink)
> We use two windows (top: UI, bottom: Video).
> I could check that decoder and xvideo are working well by changing widnow's
> order(top:Video, bottoom: UI)
> I think two windows are not overlayed if we turn on mcompostor.

mcompositor supports only one application/dialog window on top. So if
you want two windows side-by-side, you need to use two override-redirect
windows.

http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/window/attributes/override-redirect.html

OR windows are not decorated either, so mdecorator should not mess it
up.

-Kimmo