Em terça-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2011, às 16:15:43, Urho Konttori escreveu:
> There are different backends to P&S. Shared memory is the most volatile
> and the one people often mistake to be the only backend.
> Take a peek at:
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/publ-subs.html
>
> Gconf is even now available as one of the layers (and so is windows
> registry and symbian settings).
>
> Beauty of P&S is that you only need to care about the backend if you
> want to. You can just select one that provides the features you actually
> want (e.g. I want to store this tuple to a layer that provides permanent
> storage), or request for scan of all different backends for the key you
> need.
>
> Layer can be also read only, which then means that an app cannot change
> the value.

Hi Urho

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like app developers' lives can now be made
easier. :-)

But not mine. Again on the example of the locale, QLocale cannot use P&S to
find out what the GConf setting is. For the same reason, QtNetwork cannot use
P&S to find out what proxy configuration is enabled.

Dependency reversal.

There are some Mobility areas that should be moved into QtCore so that the
core can also benefit from it. P&S and System Information come to mind (cf the
other thread on how to find out what kind of device you're on). I've already
discussed this internally, but we haven't had any action on the subject.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358