Em terça-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2011, às 12:17:05, Robin Burchell escreveu:
> Though, at present, QSettings provides no API for change notifications
> (something which has irritated me, and obviously others, many times -
> going by the number of GConf uses and wrappers that have proliferated
> around Maemo, etc.)

Again, difference in design philosophies. We've never implemented this feature
because most of our customers (including KDE) don't need it -- not that it
would matter for KDE, since it doesn't use QSettings either.

I'm not sure the other backends for QSettings support change notifications
either.

> So even if you want instant-apply, it's not trivial to make it Just
> Work™. Presumably this is something that would be addressed in the DConf
> work, anyway.

Like I said, we'd like to take QSettings to the next level and have (optional)
change notification. The "how" is the big question, since QSettings is actually
quite old and complex code.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358