On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 14:23 +0800, Jia-Chi Lai wrote:

> 2011/1/25 Kevron Rees <kevron_m_r...@linux.intel.com>
>         On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 16:00 +0800, Jia-Chi Lai wrote:
>         > hi~
>         >
>         > I found that some contextkit define in core
>         > contextkit(/contextkit/spec/core.context) are not implement
>         the
>         > provider of those keys now....
>         >
>         > Battery.ChargeBars
>         > System.PowerSaveMode
>         > Media.NowPlaying
>         > Session.State
>         > Presence.State
>         > Cellular.CellName
>         > Cellular.RegistrationStatus
>         > Cellular.DataTechnology
>         > Cellular.Technology
>         > Cellular.SignalStrength
>         > Cellular.NetworkName
>         > Bluetooth.Connected
>         > Bluetooth.Visible
>         > Bluetooth.Enabled
>         >

>         Cellular.* (among others) should be available via the
>         contextkit-meego-providers package in the handset repository.
>          Battery
>         is also there but I don't think ChargeBars is provided yet.  I
>         believe
>         Bluetooth.* is provided by the contextkit-maemo package.
>
>         Hope that helps.
>
>         -Kevron
>

> hi~~
>
> remember that you mention in this letter:
> http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2010-September/006305.html
> you said : contextkit-maemo is for maemo.  contextkit-meego is for
> meego.
>
> If contextkit-maemo not work in meego, the provider of bluetooth
> contextkit will implement as an new plugin? or in bluetooth package??
>
> Or the contextkit-maemo will work in meego?? if yes, when the
> contextkit-maemo will work in meego??

Right, like I said in that message, "most" of the maemo ones aren't
useful to meego.  I think the bluetooth context provider may be the only
one we use from the project.

> I could find the contextkit of Cellular in contextkit-meego , but the
> Cellular contextkit are not work now, The message is shown:
>          Cellular.SignalStrength =>"CellularProvider First subscriber
> appeared, connecting to ofono"
>          Cellular.RegistrationStatus=>"CellularProvider First
> subscriber appeared, connecting to ofono"
>          Cellular.CellName=>"key not provided"
>          Cellular.Technology=>"key not provided"
>          Cellular.NetworkName=>"key not provided"

Looks like the Cellular provider isn't providing all the properties.
>From the code:

#define SignalStrength "Cellular.SignalStrength"
#define DataTechnology "Cellular.DataTechnology"
#define RegistrationStatus "Cellular.RegistrationStatus"

It shouldn't be too difficult to add these other properties.  Patches
accepted if you have the time.

> And Battery.ChargeBars is a necessary  key for systemmui to develope
> statusindicator.
> Does  contextkit would  provide the key provider implement??
>

>From my understanding of system-ui, it may have relied on the charge
percentage in the past.  It appears now it uses ChargeBars so we will
need to update the Battery provider as well.

-Kevron