meego-dev-boun...@meego.com wrote:

> Hi, I just begin to work with Meego and particularly with
> Meego Compliance.
>
> In 3.2.2, the specification says:
> "They shall import external interfaces only from the following
> sources: * shared libraries supplied as a part of the application
> package"
> My question: There is a preferred/recommended/mandatory method
> to load this libraries in order to avoid clashes shared
> libraries of different applications? For example, two 3rd
> party applications supplied "libgsoap.so", one "libgsoap.so.1"
> and the other "libgsoap.so.0", if both exposes its shared
> libraries one of them probably will crash.

There's no brilliant answer here.

If a number of apps need the same library there's probably
a case it ought to be promoted to become a system library.

If an app has to supply its own shared library, the namespacing
rules come into effect - the library should be located in
the app's own file hierarchy, say for "foo" it would be
located somewhere under /opt/foo, and in this case there should
be no risk of another application accidentally finding that copy
and running into problems because it's not quite compatible.