Hi

> "14 QT-Multimedia"
> Seriously, don't even consider to stack it on top of qt-multimedia.
> We're still embedded. You could propose to implement it as part of QT
> multimedia though (or having it at the same level).

For me the purpose/level of QMMS sounds very similar to one of QtMultimediaKit,
both provide an API for a defined set of cases and provide the integartion with
qt graphics systems (QWidgets/QGrpahicsView/QML/SceneGraph).
Both are a thin portable API layers on top of existing frameworks with a
similar pros and cons of such solution.

>* DRM can be implemented outside of GStreamer. still I don't fully
>understand what the issue here might be.

As I understand for the DRM case the playback should be done in a separate
"protected" process,
an application should not be able to touch any data in the pipeline.
Probably it can be done transparently inside of playbin2 while keeping
API/behavior the same, but it may be not trivial.

Regards
  Dmytro.