On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Richard Dale
<richard.d...@telefonica.net> wrote:

> On Monday, March 07, 2011 10:06:08 PM Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>> > Are you planning to support or implement a QSparql backend for EDS?
>>
>> I suspect we'll never see QSparql in MeeGo the way things are going....
>
> Disclaimer: I am a QSparql developer
>
> QSparql is the standard way of accessing Tracker from Maemo in Qt code, and as
> far as I know it has been packaged for MeeGo too. In order to build the Qt
> based RAD environment, that I personally dream of, QSparql will be needed.

Is there a particular reason not to have QSparql, when you already have Tracker?

(Someone should really summarize these threads in a wiki)

> Maybe it shouldn't be used directly by application programmers, but it will be
> needed as a base for building visual development tools that might use QML with
> QtCreator plugins support.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this RAD tools elsewhere, say,
meego-community mailing list? I have hard time thinking how a RAD tool
for sparql would look like, but the thought is intriguing...