On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 20:47 +0100, Robin Burchell wrote:

> As far as my understanding of the technologies is, libfolks isn't
> related to libcommhistory anyway. It's more similar to contactsd /
> qtcontacts, in that it fetches contacts from multiple sources (like
> Telepathy) and stuff.

Right - Folks is meant for meta-contacts and their immediate attributes.

Associated non-trivial data (eg, pictures containing the person,
communication history) should be exposed by a library that correlates
FolksIndividuals with that particular data.

The main reason for this is to keep Folks lean and focused on doing one
thing well. More core functionality and sources are on their way.

Regards,
-Travis