On 04/02/2011 12:57 PM, Robin Burchell wrote:
Hi,

Whilst working on meego-ux-components[0], I happened to notice there
seems to be quite a bit of confusion over licensing.

Some of the code is licensed under LGPL:
burchr@virgin:~/code/meego/meego-ux-components(master+)% git grep -i
LGPL | cut -d':' -f1 | sort | uniq | wc -l
95

A small fraction under APLv2:
burchr@virgin:~/code/meego/meego-ux-components(master+)% git grep -i
Apache | cut -d':' -f1 | sort | uniq | wc -l
4

And still other files that don't have any licensing or copyright
information attached at all, for instance:
src/components/*indicator*

Furthermore, the tree contains no LICENSE file.

Can someone please clarify the licensing situation with this, and the
rest, of the new UX code? The vast majority of it that I have come
across in other projects for the UX seems to be Apache v2, so I guess
this has been a mistake by whoever maintains meego-ux-components.

[0]: https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-ux-components/

The project is LGPL. The files marked as Apache were moved over from meegolabs and were supposed to have their license headers corrected (so just an oversight), and it was also just an oversight not to apply the license header to the *indicator* files.

     --rusty