Hi,

It also took me a lot of time to find why the VKD didn't work (with an
ideapad s10-3t).
First, do the things that you can find on internet:
$ sudo -s
$ zypper install meegotouch-inputmethodbridges meegotouch-inputmethodkeyboard

Then edit: /etc/xdg/autostart/meego-im-uiserver.desktop : remove the
line: "OnlyShowIn..."

then install the latest version (2.3) of the package
meegotouch-inputmethodbridges from here:
http://build.meego.com/package/binaries?package=meegotouch-inputmethodbridges&project=Trunk%3ATesting&repository=standard

The problem was that there is a bug in meegotouch-inputmethodbridges <
2.3 because of an API break. Someone fixed it in the 2.3 but the
package used in meego-1.2 is still
meegotouch-inputmethodbridges-0.2.2.

++
Florent