From: meego-dev-boun...@meego.com [meego-dev-boun...@meego.com] on behalf of
ext Carsten Munk [cars...@maemo.org]
Sent: 20 June 2011 09:16
To: meego-dev
Subject: [MeeGo-dev] N900 Community Edition and the relation to MeeGo

Hi all,

There has been some confusion regarding the Community Edition
(formerly Developer Edition) work (http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900 ),
calling it a fork of MeeGo, etc. We're not a MeeGo fork beyond what
any vendor would do - we're an active effort to improve MeeGo. And I
wanted to help clear up the air for once, get everyone on the same
page and state facts about what we're exactly doing, in order to
lessen the confusion.

I have collected those facts in a handy Community Edition Factsheet wiki page:

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/CE_Factsheet

Please read this page before answering this post - if there are any
remaining problems/questions you want answered/issues you still see
you are more than welcome to respond. Let's have an open and honest
discussion about any problems and/or benefits you see with the
Community Edition work.

I personally think Community Edition is a benefit for the MeeGo
project and I'm seeing a lot more people activated and interested in
contributing to MeeGo because of it. And if you have a Nokia N900 -
try it out. It shows MeeGo can be great on handsets too and quite
usable. MeeGo.com in your pocket.

Best regards,
Carsten Munk