(((This topic goes beyond meego-dev - I'm answering you here but if you have further questions I encourage you to go to forum.meego.com - Handset or Application Developer Support. Thanks!)))

As explained at http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?p=22953&postcount=77 & http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?p=22981&postcount=87

http://developer.nokia.com/bugs

This bug reporting tool focuses on *developer issues*: platform, SDK, documentation, etc (the open source components). However, we have added a component "Device" where the developers getting the devices can also file bugs they are finding as testers of the device.

After all the discussions (I still remember 'Bug 630' by heart) I think the best is to offer the bugzilla setup in relation to open source platform components and the Nokia support setup for the 'user experience' part.

OSS savvy people understand bug reporting, may have a grasp on whether a bug belongs more to downstream or upstream, might look at source code, think of building a patch, discussions on features can happen in the relative OSS channels... Motivated users willing to get their voice heard by Nokia can go to Nokia Support Discussions or Nokia Care directly. Their ideas or complaints can't be addressed openly in a bug tracker as we have seen. And actually an organization like Nokia Care does a good job at summarizing and reporting up the feedback received through different channels (I have seen the reports and I wouldn't have done them better after following 100s of posts and bugs in maemo.org).