Hi,

I tried to send this email already a few days ago but it seems that it
didn't get through...

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Thiago Macieira <thi...@kde.org> wrote:
> Em Friday, 17 de June de 2011, às 17:31:12, Carsten Munk escreveu:
>>   - It's derived from Qt's PVRQWSWSEGL and licensed accordingily
>
> Notes should be published by the participants soon (probably after
> they get back home).

Good, thanks for the tip.

> The state of things right now is that Qt 4.8 brings the Lighthouse
> project (the QPA platform), which has a Wayland plugin backend. So
> getting Wayland to run on Qt 4.8 is definitely possible. We know that
> the plugin API in Qt 4.8 is lacking some things -- for example, it's
> lacking a way to do an indicators/system tray integration. Those are
> being dealt with, but only for Qt 5.0.
>
> However, from the discussions in SF, it became clear that the biggest
> win can be achieved only if we couple Wayland with the Scene Graph and
> the Qt Quick 2.0 stack. That's a technology that was never intended to
> be released inside Qt 4.8 (we only said "same time as 4.8"). It does
> work right now and the preliminary results are very good.

I started to look into updating to Qt 4.8 in MeeGo. After getting the
"stock" version built and running, I'm planning to try out the SG stuff as a
parallel track. What would be the correct branch to get the SG/QtQuick 2.0
on Qt4.8?

Thanks,
 Markus