On 06/23/2011 12:55 AM, Liu, Wei Zhi wrote:
                 $dbus-send –print-reply
–dest=com.meego.core.MNotificationManager /notificationmanager
com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32:0 uint32:0
string:’test’

Is "test" a valid notification type?  Try the longer form of addNotification
which allows
you to specify message strings.

I dug this up from when I was playing with this.  I think it works, though I
never turned
this into production code (as I remember, the icon doesn't show with the
notification, and
the MRemoteAction to pop up the music player only works the first time; I don't
know where
the fault lies there):

qdbus com.meego.core.MNotificationManager /notificationmanager addNotification \
  1 \
  1 \
  "device" \
  'Whoa!' \
  'This is an alert!' \
  "com.meego.app.music /com/meego/app/music com.meego.app.music show" \
  "/usr/share/sample-media/PICTURES/Animals/parrot.jpg" \
  1 \
  "identifier"
Andy