On 10/04/2011 12:06 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:
Don't go around trying to changing everything if what you're missing is
just Scratchbox.

I also liked the Scratchbox, despite the problems.

For MeeGo stuff I use this (ARM chroot created from the osc local build):

http://tuomas.kulve.fi/blog/2011/07/09/meego-1-2-armv7-chroot-beta/

The usage is similar to Scratchbox, chroot in and run make.

I feel that the OBS is a bit overkill (i.e. slow) for a single component developer but maintaining a distro with it seemed convenient. It was especially nice to notice that a company's private OBS was able to link to the upstream OBS and only build the differencies. The rest (both source and binary) came from the upstream automatically.

--
Tuomas