Hi Shane,

This fixes the behavior where the user is able to make normal call
>  even if there is no SIM.
>  As you know the emergency call support is non existent in oFono, at
>  least we filter the call attempt here.
Arun,

OK, I've re-worked your patch for BMC#8559, making changes per my
previous comments.

If you approve of my revisions, I'll apply this to master.

I am fine with your modifications, please push this to master.

One observation I have though is that this is really quite un-testable
(at least AFAICS) on the master branch because the only way right now
to put the modem into "flight" mode is to offline it, but this will
cause the CallManager instance to become invalid since oFono will
remove the VoiceCallManager interface in this mode.

The VoiceCallManager interface is created pre_sim, and remains as long as the modem is powered on.

I don't have an invalid SIM or one with FDN/BDN enabled either.

Do you have other suggestions on how to test this on the master branch?

Testing the dialer when the modem is offline is the best way. We are only interested in the user getting a note about what type of calls he can make,
because making emergency call is not yet a functionality in oFono.

One solution might be to make it part of the headless branch for now.

Thoughts or comments?
Regards
Arun