Hi,

> Should we probably decide this in a per application basis?

Yes.

> For example, if for one kind of application; any of the two is more mature
> and evidently offers many more advantages than the other, we can keep
> that one and remove the other featureless one.
>
> If two applications are good, and actually offer different innovative
> features;
> it should be nice to keep both and let the user to choose the preferred one.
>
> Just from the top off my head, also, I think these could be very flexible
> decisions about which application to include as all/most of them are still
> under development and continue to evolve.

My proposal is now visible in
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Summer_Release#Content_in_more_detail. It lists
the meego-ux apps that we would keep in the Community Edition. We would not
keep Videos, Music etc. which don't have any new features, and don't work
better than the current corresponding ones.

To clarify, keeping here means having the icon in home grid, and removing only
means not showing the icon but keeping the application in image so that
adventurous users can try anything out. Also if using zypper to update the
system, new version from upstream are automatically downloaded.

What do you think?

Jukka