Title: [Meep-discuss] configure error on Cygwin

Hi, all;

I encounter fundamental problems at the configure step in installation of meep. If anyone could help, it will be highly appreciated.

Environment: CYGWIN_NT-5.1
Error message: "C++ complier cannot create executables"

I have Visual studio installed on the same computer, and it should be included in PATH (as shown below), so there should be C++ complier available on my computer.

(cut & paste from config.log file)
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/Tools/WinNT
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/MSDev98/Bin
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/Tools
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/bin
~~~

(cut & paste from config.log file)
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "meep"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "meep"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.10"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "meep 0.10"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
| #define PACKAGE "meep"
| #define VERSION "0.10"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2231: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Sherman