Dear Steven,
I used mpb and meep to calculate the band structure of 3D layer-by-layer structu

re with 2 y-type waveguides. The result of mpb seems to be right, but the resul
of meep is not consistent with the the result of mpb. The ctl files are in the attachment. Can you tell me whether the ctl files are correct and what problem w
ith them?
I also try to use meep to calculate the field distribution of the above structur

e. I have tried some frequencies corresponding to waveguide mode in bandgap, bu
the fields always can not be confined in waveguides and dispersed. Can you tell

me what’s wrong with the ctl file? Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Liu