On Sep 14, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Paul Muellner wrote:
Thank you for the hint with openMPI. We changed our MPI installation from mpich to openMPI and recompiled meep-mpi. Now everything seems to work fine.

Just for all other users that want to switch from mpich to openMPI:
You have to type "MPICXX=mpiCC" when using openMPI (instead of MPICXX=mpicc for mpich). It took us a whole day to find out...

I'm glad it's working for you! Note that the suggestion to set MPICXX is documented in the installation manual:

Note that the configure script attempts to automatically detect how to compile MPI programs, but this may fail if you have an unusual version of MPI or if you have several versions of MPI installed and you want to select a particular one. You can control the version of MPI selected by setting the MPICXX variable to the name of the compiler to use .....

Steven