Dear Khan,
         1. Continuous sources are more useful for field pattern
visualization and not for the probing of characteristics of the given the
system (ex cavity resonance).

2. Continuous source will never die (because it is continuous) unless
specifying the width. There is no point in talking of end time steps for
continuous source. As long as computer is running, your source will also
run. In this case, we have to run the source  up to arbitrary time units
(for example 2000time units).

3. Since you are interested in steady-state solution, run your code with
source having broad or short frequency width. I will choose broad width for
the case finding the resonant modes spanning within the entire transmission
spectrum. If you know, you want the field pattern at the specific frequency
as you mentioned the wavelength, excite the source with short frequency
width. In this case output your field pattern at every 50 or 100 time units
with help of "(run-source ------ (output-png Ez -----------------))". Most
probably, you come to know the steady state. Monitoring the power flux is an
another way to watch the steady state.

4. The cut-off is depending on the geometry. Please refer the manual in the
reference section on sources or specify what type of problem you are
interested in.

If u find the mistakes, Please correct me,

Bye.
Yogesh.