Hi meep users,

I want to calculate nonlinear index variation in waveguide but I am not sure
my method is correct. Could you show me if I am wrong.

in tutorial, “Or, one can alternatively get the intensity at a single point
by calling get-field-point and passing Sx etc. for the component” is
suggested for intensity.

1)  My structure is 2D.

So I use the following command separately for Sx and Sy at the center of
waveguide.

(define (my-print-pointsx)

                (print "pointsx:, " (meep-time) ", "

                       (get-field-point Sx (vector3 0 0 0)) "\n"))

(run-until 400 my-print-pointsx)

----------------------

 (define (my-print-pointsy)

                (print "pointsy:, " (meep-time) ", "

                       (get-field-point Sy (vector3 0 wgy 0)) "\n"))

(run-until 400 my-print-pointsy)

2) Then using the grep function, output file is converted to dat.

I have a two file sx.dat and sy.dat which include time variation of
intensity at single point.

3) open the dat file and  obtain intensity variation using with S=sqrt (  Sx^2
+Sy^2)

4) As a result, taken the one period (in meep time) average to get S_
average

5) <delta_n>=n2 x S_average

best...

Onder