Hi   Aaron,

> Dear meep users,By the 3D simulation using MEEP, the transmission
> property at
> wavelengths 500~1000nm of 2D periodic array of Au nanoholes has now been
> achieved, from which an obvious SP resonant wavelength is observed. To
> theoretically verify the simulation results, the commonly used formula,
> lambda(SP) = a / sqrt ( i^2 + j^2 ) * sqrt ( epsilon(Au) *
> epsilon(dielectric) /
> (
> > epsilon(Au) + epsilon(dielectric )?) ), is employed. (a is the array
> periodicity.)Then, a question occurs: for the theoretical calculation, how
> should I set the permittivity of gold? As it is a variable value depending
> on
> the wavelength, the permittivity of which wavelength is appropriate for
> this
> purpose??Any comments and suggestions are welcomed, and will be highly
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>

> If you only want to verify that you've matched the SP resonance condition,
> it's
> probably good enough to use the permittivity at a single wavelength.  Of
> course,
> make sure that the theoretical value is the one meep is using.

Thank you for your reply.

I know your meaning, and that's exactly what I want to do now. However, the
question is: which single wavelength is appropriate for such purpose?
Because the permittivity of gold depends on the wavelength. I have tried a
series of calculations with different wavelengths from the aimed spectrum
(500~1000nm). The results for different wavelengths differ greatly.

Looking forward to any further comments on this problem.

Tony