My OS is Linux Mint Debian 64-bit. I have the meep package installed with
aptitude. On the ab-inito Meep
Introduction<http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep_Introduction>page,
it says that "The user interface is introduced in the Meep
Tutorial <http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep_Tutorial>." On that
page, I see lots of explanation about the libctl/Scheme scripting
interface, and what editors are preferred, which is all well and good. What
I don't see, however, is a discussion of what I would call the user
interface, by which I mean, what commands I can use when I see the

meep>

prompt. The man page for meep provides the command line syntax, which is
certainly useful, and maybe this is all too obvious to mention, but I would
like to know, for example, can I load a file from the prompt? How do I exit
meep from this prompt? Basic stuff like that. And where are the example
files located? The ring resonator, the band diagram, etc. Are they included
in the meep package? I tried /usr/share/doc/meep but could not find answers
to these basic questions.

So, where did I forget to look? Thanks for your patience.