  From: Stephen Castner
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:59 AM
  Subject: Ration to Increase CLA Yields More Marbling

  Galloway Friends:

  The University of Alberta reported last month:
    In a series of studies lead by Dr. Erasmus Okine of the University of
Alberta, researchers showed that feeding modified diets to increase conjugated
linoleic acid (CLA) in beef cattle resulted in carcasses with higher levels of
desirable marbling fat and lower levels of undesirable backfat.
  The link is:  http://www.clanetwork.com/.

  The article is short on specifics.  Don't expect to find the ration that the
researchers used.  However, contact information for Dr. Okine is listed.

  Regards,

  Steve Castner