On Oct 19, 9:58 am, Trond Norbye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Eric Lambert fixed up some of the wording in the binary protocol
> specification (check outhttp://github.com/elambert/memcached/tree/binprot
>   )
>
> Please make sure we get this fix merged in as well :)

  I'd like to make sure that contributors have git set up properly
before sending in changes.  Can you guys make sure that on every
machine on which you're doing work, you issue the following commands:

    git config --global user.email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    git config --global user.name 'Your Name'

  This is a really common thing that most people seem to miss and it
prevents us from properly crediting the authors.  This change may be
quite good, but I wouldn't want it included in the tree as
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

  I would actually like to do a rewrite of this branch to fix the
authors at some point.  That will require coordination, but I think
it'd be valuable to make sure everyone is credited for the work that
they put into the project.

  In the meantime, if Eric Lambert wants to get ahold of me directly
([EMAIL PROTECTED]), I can get this changeset rewritten and rebased as to
ensure proper credit is given.