This works for me using version 1.2.5 of the win32 version of memcached:

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2007-July/004603.html

That is, you change the ImagePath value in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\memcached Server by
just adding whatever parameters you want. Then you restart your service, and
the new settings should be in effect. Also, remember that you can't look at
the current memory usage of the memcached process, you have to execute the
"stats" command and look at the value of the "limit_maxbytes" field if you
change the max memory size and verify it.

/Henrik Schröder