On 24 мар, 07:39, Dustin <dsalli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 4:20 am, gf <kak.serpom.po.yait...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello. It would be great to add  new "wait timeout" argument to the get
> > () method. If it is defined and the key doesn't exists a the moment,
> > client should wait untill the key will be added or untill the timeout
> > will be reached (client gets false in this case) and get feedback as
> > soon as possible.
> > It can be used at many cases.
>
>    ...however, none of these cases are applicable to a cache.  The
> cache has data or it doesn't.  Building a blocking queue inspired by
> the memcached protocol is one thing, but support for such things
> *within* memcached doesn't make all that much sense.
Why not?
The cache could has no data, but the data will be added very very soon
(0.01 ms), so cycle repeats is not a good solution....
I think, the blocking operation (not in queues) is very usable in
cache implementations because several threads can be update...
Memcached is more than the storage for "a data from some queries",
it's a great platform for distributed solutions.