This is a cool idea, but I wonder how useful it is when running a
large number of memcached servers. Presumably one would have to
connect to each one and send the pget or pdelete commands?

I currently achieve the pdelete effect in code by using a predefined
prefix and then "abandoning" the keys when they need to be deleted
simply by having the prefix change.

i.e. 123:getUser:10 becomes 124:getUser:10. Technically the data for
123:getUser:10 is still in memcache, but nothing will ever read it and
it will eventually get flushed out.

I don't know of any easy way to do something like pget in a client,
and I can think of a couple instances where it would be useful, but it
would also be incredibly easy to end up requesting way too much data,
and again with having to connect to each memcached server, it might
still be more hassle than it's worth.

Jay