Good comments Brian.

I don't know what sort of personal phobias or other irrational fears
were behind the drama of the last few days but it really needs to
stop.

There is significant vendor interest in providing the community
resources for OSCON (and other conferences) that could be used to make
our presence professional and worthy of the effort put into the
project.  I have heard discussion of the fancy signage that we had
last time, documentation to hand out, as well as (good) machines and
other hardware we can use for demos or performance races.

I really can't wrap my head around what sort of argument can be made
against accepting these offerings!