Hey,

First; you are a Gear6 employee, correct? I would also like to point out
this is the first public note of the "drama of the last few days". So if
you folks come back later, you can't blame me for bringing it public.

The reason it's come to this is highly obvious to me, but will not be easy
to communicate to everone, and I really doubt you guys want me to list
every reason why that happened.

In short, you folks have gone out of your way to keep communications
private, keep to phone conversations, and otherwise refuse to talk unless
it's face to face. I don't need a guilt trip - I told you folks in the
beginning the same things I told Sun, and other companies. Send patches to
the mailing list. Send ideas to the mailing list. Communicate and bridge
issues on the mailing list, in irc, etc. When you refuse to maintain
public contact with us, you put us both bad positions.

I do not have complaints about you as people, or what you are trying to
do. I do sincerely hope you realize that when the project maintainers send
an e-mail to the list saying "Hey, we have a dotorg booth available.
However, if you're a commercial vendor, we would highly prefer you do not
represent the community", and then you respond *privately*, and *directly*
to the booth supplier, negotiate the booth, and then "forget" to say a
damn thing to the /mailing list/ that you've done so... Then doing that
*again* for a *second* conference... You're going to piss somebody off.

Please accept that, and accept an olive branch from us in starting over.
This as an issue does not have to extend past this message. The documents
brian listed are a good starting point, and I know Matt's had ideas on
this in the past as well. We should bounce around ideas on the list,
perhaps finalize this in person at OSCON next week, and stuff them onto
the wiki.

Then there shouldn't be any "weird drama" without someone clearly being at
fault, which is the even ground we thoroughly enjoy as an open source
project.

-Dormando