Hi,

This is not an important question, but I wonder the answer.

When I develop websites by using memcache, I also use it for spam
checking.

For example; When someone post a comment, or report something, or
search something, I create a memcache object and set an expiration
time, i.e. 5 seconds. It goes something like that

memcache_set($memcache, "comment-check-userid", '1', 0, 5);

I check every time whether this value is set or not. If it's set, I
consider it as a spam.

My question is that, is it expensive to create this if you compare
with other options for this purpose? I could not find any information
about this on the internet. I am just curious :)

Thanks from now on,