Hi Adi,

Why do you want failover? It's just a cache, so your application should be
able to run ok if part of the cache cluster is unavailable, you would
experience a slightly higher cache miss ratio.

If your application requires that all memcached instances are up and running
all the time, it's pretty likely that you are doing something wrong, that
you are using memcached in a way it was not intended for. Please tell us a
bit about your application and we can probably help you.

That said, the BeITMemcached client supports consistent hashing, but there
is no automatic failover, and no automatic recovery from failover, because
those features would in the absolute majority of cases only cause subtle
errors in the application, without offering any benefits whatsoever.

/Henrik