On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Christian Becker <lobe...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2009/10/27 Martin Grotzke <martin.grot...@googlemail.com>
>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Christian Becker <lobe...@googlemail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
> They argument with too big session objects and too many requests/traffic
> for the memcached - but i already did some calculations and there would be
> max. 1500 req/s, which are no problem for memcached (i have some running
> with more than 2,5k/sec) and traffic should also be easy to handle.

Ok, both are valid things to consider. Keeping sessions small is always a
goal (IMO). How big are your sessions (e.g. when calculating the size of the
object graph, or after they were serialized using java serialization)?
What's the characteristics of your session attributes: lots of objects of
the same class, or a deep object graph (if you might provide examples this
would be great)? I'm actually interested in this because I want to compare
several serialization strategies in respect to serialization performance and
serialization size.

Regarding the throughput: is 1500 req/s the number of requests you have to
serve in total, or the number of requests per machine? What was your test
setup and test that reached 2,5k/sec?

Cheers,
Martin

--