(2010/01/07 8:32), Aaron Stone wrote:
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:48 AM, pub crawler<pubcrawler....@gmail.com>  wrote:
Obviously dissecting a memcached instance up into separate user
kingdoms would have implied effect of slowing memcached down and
adding unnecessary complexity.  Unsure how much either would truly
impact it however. Someone might want to substantiate this point.

If you have a memcached need for multiple clients or different sites
you are best running separate instances and using other 3rd party
methods for attempting to secure memcached.

Needless to say, permissions and authentication is a feature set that
is going to re-requested for addition now and in the future.  It opens
the door for someone to create a memcached variation with such a
feature set - anyone?

Please don't. Please nobody even think of doing that. Really. Don't.

Sorry, It is unclear for me what you opposed to.
(Sorry for the stupid reply, since English is not my native language...)

If you opposed to making my own branch for access control purpose,
I can understand its reason.

If you opposed to add (optional) access control feature in the memcached,
I'd like to see the reason why.

Thanks,