On Feb 9, 2010, at 6:07 PM, Dustin wrote:

> On Feb 9, 12:46 am, KaiGai Kohei <kai...@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
>
>> I expected --enable-default-engine allows to link default_engine in static.
>
>  It should (did last time I tried it).  I'm not sure what issue
> you're having with that.

Just a wild guess from me.. The create_instance function isn't referenced from
the memcached.c source so it's not linked into your binary at all.. Just try to
edit memcached.c and initialize the create function to point to create_instance
to force the linker to include it into your binary...

The way the loading in memcached works is that it tries to dlopen(NULL, ...)
and then use dlsym to resolve the function.. You could try to use nm on
memcached to see if it got a symbol named create_instance?

Cheers,

Trond