On 2. apr. 2010, at 07.31, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> (2010/04/02 11:29), Dustin Sallings wrote:
>> Can you submit this as a series of independent changes, or perhaps a
>> just put up a repo somewhere?
>>
>> We appreciate the work, but we'll need to break it up into consumable
>> chunks.
>
> http://github.com/kaigai/memcached-selinux
>
> I set up this repository.
>
> The 'master' branch is a clone of the Trond's engine tree.
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/kaigai/memcached-selinux.git
> $ cd memcached-selinux
> $ git diff origin/master origin/reworks_1
> -> It adds get_socket_fd() server API to obtain socket file descriptor
>    for the given cookie.

I've applied this patch..

> $ git diff origin/reworks_1 origin/reworks_2
> -> It adds item_get_nkey() and item_get_ndata() engine APIs, to inject
>    security attribute as a part of values by intermediation modules
>    (such as bucket or selinux).

What is the primary motivation for doing this? I don't see why backends would
"dynamically change" these values for an item. The reason I added a function to
get the key and data was because one could imagine that they could be stored on
different locations (or memory mapped data areas)... CAS is called through the
api to allow the cas to be optional in the backend if you don't want to waste 8
bytes per item... From what I've seen earlier you chose to store your security
information as a textual string after the key? you could still do that but then
let nkey contain the number of bytes in the key, and keep the other information
somewhere else..

> $ git diff origin/reworks_2 origin/reworks_3
> -> It adds the 'features' field at engine_interface structure, to
>    inform what features are supported by the loaded module.

What are you going to use this information for??? Your patch doesn't contain
any use of the field making it hard for me to understand the use case..

> $ git diff origin/reworks_3 origin/reworks_4
> -> It replaces settings.engine.v1->xxx(...) invocations by wrapper
>    functions.

The source code does not follow the same coding standard as the rest of
memcached...

Cheers,

Trond