On 11. apr. 2010, at 17.56, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> It seems to me the new get_item_info() interface intends to contain various
> kind of properties more than bare threes (value, cas and expired time),
> because we can easily expand the number of 'struct iovec value[]' in the
> new item_info.

That's not what the iovector is intended for. The network protocol specifies
the attributes we use for an item (we need a new network protocol to encode
other attributes), so that wasn't what I planned to use the iovector for. The
usecase for the iovector is to allow the engines to store their items as
multiple fragments (and not have to concatenate them into a single object
before returning it to the core. (please note that currently the iovector is
_never_ bigger than one element, but I'm planning to fix that this week.

The reason I didn't add that to the allocate function is that it would
complicate the state machine in the core. I would think that most engine
writers could live with allocating a continuous segment during allocation, and
then store it in multiple segments when the user calls store().

Trond